Monday, February 13, 2023

Horror Book Promotion Proposal

To promote books in the library collection that are in the horror genre I would recommend that the library create an eye-catching display. October would be an ideal month for such a display. On Pinterest I found a few fun display options. The first display uses a skeleton as a prop and has the slogan of "Dying for a good book?" It also has some horror themed props of tomb stones. The library could make use of any Halloween decorations it has to give the display even more pizzaz. Also, on Pinterest I came across the idea of putting skeleton hands in books. This would be a fun addition to the display. We could put skeleton hands in the books and have a short, catchy reason as to why a patron should check out the book. We could add slogans like:

  • Heads will Role 
  • Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid
  • No one Can Hear you Scream
  • They're Coming to Get You




3 comments:

  1. The skeleton hands in the shelves is a great idea! I really love drawing attention to specific books and putting little stand-out blurbs on them to help patrons find something they'd like; it's also a great way to increase circulation of titles that might frequently be overlooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love the skeleton in the chair! Making sure that horror displays have fun slogans like you mentioned is such a great way to get patrons intrigued and want to pull a book off of the display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hands in the stacks! So different yet visually appealing! Full points!

    ReplyDelete

Week 15 Prompt

Here are some ways that I think work really well to market a library's fiction collection: 1: Displays -I don't think we can underes...